VANILLA BEAN CHEESECAKE
It might seem crazy, but you can make a plant-based 'cheese' cake! your guests won't be able to believe that this amazing vanilla bean cheesecake is 100% vegan, and even way healthier than a traditional cheesecake.
Smooth, creamy, sweet and so good you won't be able to stop at just one slice!
FOR THE CRUST
1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tbl. vegan butter
1/4 cup sugar
FOR THE FILLING
32 ounces (4, 8oz packages) vegan cream cheese
1 (13.5oz.) can coconut cream
1 1/4 cup sugar
4 tbl cornstarch
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 tbl. lemon juice
6 vanilla bean stalks (or vanilla bean paste)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap a 9 inch springform pan with aluminum foil, covering the bottom. Spray lightly with oil.
1. In a medium bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, melted coconut oil and sugar. Stir well to combine, then press down into the bottom of the prepared pan. Press down firmly and evenly. Set aside.
FOR THE FILLING
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, or using a handheld mixer, beat the vegan cream cheese until smooth, about 1 minute.
2. Add the rest of the filling ingredients and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. DO NOT OVER MIX IT.
3. Once it's completely smooth, pour into prepared pan over the crust and spread evenly.
1. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes. Do not open the oven door during this time. Turn off the heat, and let it sit in the oven for 10 more minutes. The cheesecake will be slightly jiggly, and not look very done in the middle. That is correct, it will firm up when it cools.
2. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15-30 minutes before placing into the refrigerator. Cool at least 4 hours, but overnight is best.
Original recipe by Nora - https://www.noracooks.com/vegan-cheesecake/